We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Sr. Polymer Formulation Scientist for our Advanced Materials organization at our Advanced Technology Center located in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Sr. Scientist will assist the Advanced Materials division in the development of adhesive and composite formulations for aerospace applications, and support business growth opportunities across the globe. They will work in a multi-functional team and interact with stakeholders in different functions and regions.
What will be expected from you?
Primary Responsibilities: formulation and application development via rigorously applying scientific methodologies, project management, and stage gate review process.
- Develop work hypothesis, design experiments, and develop experiment plan to validate value propositions
- Interacting with marketing and technical service, engage customers to define unmet needs and product profile
- Work closely with process research to ensure successful scale up of new products in the plant
- Institute rigorous stage gate process and project management to identify and mitigate risks in early stages of product development
- Thoroughly document findings and leverage learning from the global technical community to minimize development effort
- Conduct literature search and patent monitoring to understand industry and technology trends
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- A PhD degree in polymer science, materials engineering, or materials science. PhD degree in other science/engineering disciplines with relevant experience will be considered
- Experience in adhesive and composite formulation, fabrication, and characterization is required
- 1-2 years of working experience in new product development for adhesive and composite applications is highly desirable
- 3 or more years of chemical laboratory experience is preferred. Other science/engineering experience will be considered
- Track record in new product commercialization and project leadership in all stages of product innovation is highly desirable
- Knowledge on thermoset chemistries, such as epoxy, polyurethane, and acrylate is critical
- Knowledge on scientific methodology, project management, and stage gate process
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
**Sponsorships now or in the future are not approved for this role**
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!