In this role you will design, develop, and validate Zoox fasteners and brackets. Integral to your success is an ability to participate in detailed design reviews to drive definition and work cross functionally within all vehicle engineering groups at Zoox.
- Design fasteners (2D and 3D) and release them into the Tesla Fastener library.
- Develop, write and publish fastener design and installation specifications.
- Provide consultation to design engineering on proper fastener selection considering assembly performance requirements, corrosion, and manufacturing.
- Perform detailed analysis of fastened joints (e.g. torque vs. clamp load).
- Establish test requirements necessary to validate fasteners and specific joints.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D design engineering prints of fasteners. Preferably in Catia V5/V6
- Mechanical or Materials Engineering degree or equivalent required.
- Practical experience with fastener selection, fastener design, joint analysis, fastener/joint testing incorporating both design and manufacturing requirements.
- Have authored Fastener design standards and manufacturing quality installation specifications.
- Knowledge of both temporary and (e.g. nuts and bolts) as well as permeant fasteners (e.g. SPR)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn