Symantec Corporation is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats.
For additional information, please visit http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs
- Work as a key member of Network Operations Support team with broad knowledge of network, firewall and VPN technologies responsible for Administration, Configuration and Troubleshooting of Symantec Network infrastructure set-up.
- Need to have excellent IP networking fundamentals and vast experience in L2/L3 Protocols like, STP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS etc...
- Must have In-depth Hands on experience on Cisco platforms like, ASR, ISR, Catalyst 45xx, Catalyst 68xx, i-Wan, WLC, WAAS, etc...
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and effective communication and documentation skills
- Provide Level 2/3 support for Operations during business-critical incidents requiring knowledge of incident management, change management, troubleshooting methods & tools, log review, monitoring, alerting & reporting.
- Participate in War Room sessions initiated by the Command Center to drive critical issue resolution. Manage escalation of issues from Level 1-2 support.
- Willing to be On-Call at any time due to the nature of the position.
- Ensure that knowledge is retained through documentation of procedures and knowledge base articles
- Reviewing technology in the market for opportunities to improve services and make purchase recommendations
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of industry experience in Network Support. Relevant Certifications on Cisco products like CCIE, CCNP, JNCIS etc..
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and good experience of setting up and supporting Enterprise Network and Data Center set-ups.
- The Ideal candidate will have a deep familiarity with the Cisco Nexus OS, with a STRONG favor for candidates who are familiar with Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) framework.
- Any exposure to SD-Wan, Cisco ISE, MS-Azure, Bluecoat Proxy, Packet shaper is a big plus
- Any scripting experience in Perl, Python is highly desirable.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.