The BDC will ultimately be responsible for driving new business opportunities and profitable revenue growth, by identifying new target logo’s to develop a sales plan against; the role will be specifically to focus on net new logo business. The BDC role will focus on developing a sales pipeline with net new logo target accounts with a turnover of between £100M - £1B and across all market verticals. It is essential that the BDC has a proven track record of winning managed public and private cloud ideally covering all of the major hyperscalers alongside more traditional dedicated hosting offerings.
The BDC will develop and plan strategies and activities for specified accounts and opportunities such as; selecting high yield visits, initiating calls, identifying buyer influences, overcoming objections, introducing new services, making sales presentations and negotiating to close.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota with a recognition that new business has peaks and troughs
- Develop and present major deal/account strategies
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities
- Responsible for full sales cycle from proactively generating lead to close
- Management of the quality of overall deliverables and pursuit strategy throughout the whole sales process
- Run sales campaigns on target client lists based on a clear understanding of Rackspace’s proposition meeting the requirements of the chosen target list
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required
- Maintain clear business understanding of your customers business needs and how Rackspace fits in with them – where appropriate drive Rackspace product teams to develop new propositions
- Engage with channel partners to find and develop new opportunities
- Generate case studies and Customer focussed PR activity to highlight Rackspace’s capabilities across it’s prospect base
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed