A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
• Lead multiple teams of technical leads and architects and deliver on full development lifecycle solutions, escalating any issues to the appropriate stakeholder
• Working closely with other staff, such as Unit Heads, Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Designers, Technical Leads, Technical managers and Testing Teams to ensure seamless delivery of projects
• Be a mentor and guide to the Business Line (BI) leads or technical architects in the team and boost team morale.
• Keep up to date on all technologies connected to the BI/DW stack including associated development tools and products
• Evaluate new products and share the niche features and do a comparison report if required.
• Assist the Delivery Manager in team management, identifying training needs and inducting new starters
• Collaborate and participate in discussion BI/DW forums alongside peers within the practice
• Work within time guidelines and manage large and multiple projects independently with hands on development • Interact and communicate with clients throughout the project lifecycle in addition to internal teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
• Data Warehouse, Data Mart
• Inmon and Kimball method that include data and dimensional modelling and architecting a end to end DWH solution
• RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle , MPP
• Data base experience in Teradata or Exadata
• Data Modelling and Data Analysis (one of the leading tools e.g. Erwin or Sybase PD)
• Hands experience on ETL tools such as Informatica 9.x or Data Stage 9.x and BI tools such as SAP Business Objects XIR3/BI4.x or Cognos 10/TM1
• Data Analytics and Data mining skills
• Experience on one the tools (e.g. SAS/OR® ).
Good to Have
• MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) is desirable
• Big Data and cloud based BI stack, emerging BI trends
• BI Product evaluation techniques
• Knowledge on design, document solution architecture • Experience in handling technical requirement meetings, workshops, conference calls, discussion forums and related meetings
• Work through specifications and develop solutions where appropriate in line with project documentation
• Experience in Business Analysis •.Worked on Auto Leasing, Retail Bank, Equipment Finance, Factoring, Cash Management and Payments