With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID
Associate Software Engineer - Microcontroller Software Development
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive Systems is seeking an Associate Software Engineer to join its Engine System’s Basic Software group in Auburn Hills, MI. You will be part of our global, diverse team that is responsible for developing complex real-time basic software solutions for our powertrain control applications.
• Support analysis of stakeholder requests and develop requirements for Basic software
• Design and develop Basic software components for various features and functions of real time Powertrain control applications
• Define microcontroller resource assignment as per basic software components and project requirements.
• Propose and plan basic software (BSW) change requests for all Vcycles of customer projects
• Configure, integrate, test and maintain Basic software for customer projects as per the established procedure
• Participate actively in project technical synchronization board meetings
• Participate actively in all required software reviews
• Estimate project tasks and track planned and actual estimations.
• Define and execute overall and final testing of IO Software for the projects.
• Solve urgent and complex problems and evaluate alternatives.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of BSW quality by defining and implementing best practices Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering
• Must have relevant software related internship, and/or applicable work history
• Hands on experience with programming microcontrollers and its peripherals in C and assembly
• Good understanding of real time safety critical embedded systems
• Good understanding of hardware (HW) and ability to read HW schematics
• Hands on experience using testing tools like simulators, debuggers, logic analyzers/Oscilloscope
• Ability to systematically solve problems and perform root cause analysis with limited supervision
• Ability to prioritize issues and drive projects forward in complex/ambiguous situations
• Capability to work in target oriented and commitment driven environments
• Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory
• Automotive Software intern experience
• Knowledge of Multicore Microcontrollers and GTM
• Knowledge of Automotive SPICE
• Microsoft office tools and automation scripts i.e. python, Java, Visual Basic, Perl EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000. Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.