Job Title: Cloud Security Sales Specialist
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Symantec is a global leader in providing security solutions to help our customers - from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations - secure their information driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently. Our software and services protect completely, in ways that can be easily managed and with controls that can be enforced automatically – enabling confidence wherever information is used.
You will be working closely with the Enterprise Account Managers with identifying, qualifying and driving opportunities within the enterprise business. You will also be identifying, attracting and enabling partners who want to team up.
The aim of this role is to promote Cyber Security Services and manage log monitoring, Incident response and security data feeds in our enterprise customer target list. Build and drive pipeline generation direct and indirect. The sales specialist is an overlay function so you will be working very closely with both enterprise team and the channel community.
- Develops strong relationships with customer contacts at executive level And security management functions to gain insight into the business imperatives and IT drivers enabling development of a strategy to sell Symantec solutions
- Focuses on the strategic nature of the relationship and builds long term value for the client and sustainable success for Symantec
- Works independently to determine the best approach for achieving personal and company goals
- Works under general direction toward predetermined short and long term goals
- Interfaces with Senior Management inside Symantec to help set strategy and participates in varied roles to support internal business development
- Understands the client supplier ecosystem and builds partnerships where appropriate to deliver against objectives
- Sells the organization’s products and/or services through a consultative selling approach and maintains good relationships with key individuals within named accounts
- Responsible for expanding and retaining the client while ensuring ongoing excellent customer service
- Primary sales point-of-contact for the account, representing the organization to the customer and the customer to the organization
- Drives quarterly business reviews with customer to ensure value from Symantec investment
- Ensures customer is kept up to date with Symantec product roadmaps enabling the customer to plan and mitigate risks to their business
- Develops strategies and orchestrates company resources to maximize sales volume within assigned accounts
- Effectively engages and builds cooperative relationships with sales resources: SE, Channel, Specialist sales team and executives as required
- Actively builds networks with contacts and partner companies that can contribute to Symantec’s success
- Identifies and qualifies opportunities, developing and executing the sales process
- Builds and qualifies pipeline opportunities
- Responsible for account penetration and balanced sales growth
- Responsible for meeting assigned Sales Quota
- Meets or exceeds discount/profit margin goals
- Provide accurate forecasts and reports on activity and sales performance as and when required by management.
- Ensure full compliance with all internal processes
- Ensure completion and utilization of whitespace
- Proven track record of enterprise sales experience in hi tech industry (preferably software) developing strategic customer relationships
- Proven track record of enterprise sales experience in software and service experience
- CASB experience is an advantage
- High levels of achievement against quota and experience selling to the executive level customer, preferably in the high-tech industry
- Proven ability to articulate a sales portfolio across products, solutions and services.
- Demonstrates strong sales skills and high level of technical and business acumen in both our industry and industry being sold into
- Demonstrates a breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to complex business situations
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.