The Director, Strategy position will play an instrumental role in leading the development and implementation of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Strategy, both short and long term.
Focus on defining a standard process to develop, deploy and sustain the Global Supply Chain Strategy; working with the leaders across Supply Chain, the individual will ensure that the GSC strategy is aligned, transparent, properly communicated and consistently implemented across the GSC network.
Internally, he/she will foster a culture of accountability, cooperation and teamwork, including partnerships with global functions, Business Units, Operations and Corporate Staff. Externally, will partner with consultants, suppliers and other potential stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the GSC goals and objectives.
Develop standards and performance metrics that will drive Supply Chain excellence. Responsible for development, alignment and deployment of KODs (Key Operating Drivers), as well as providing analytics and overall decision support to the GSC; will engage with E2E (End to End) GSC Processes and components (such as NPI, Plan, Source, Make and Deliver) to ensure implementation of value propositions, such as manufacturing network optimization actions, development of operational “playbooks” and standards of excellence
Track and benchmark GSC processes and practices against best practices, identify strategic gaps and lead value driven improvements to better overall supply chain performance. Develop holistic E2E GSC strategy and roadmap, aligned with corporate and BUs’ strategy and mission, will support the Edwards Production System (EPS) and organizational design, ensuring sustainable and holistic value creation and flawless execution across the organization.
- Requires minimum 12 years of relevant experience in the Industry.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance or equivalent is required. MBA degree is preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing manufacturing network strategy, program mangement, financial modeling, analytics and decision support.
- Highly strategic person who also has an appreciation for the tactical aspects of leading an organization.
- Open and direct, with unquestioned integrity, sense of urgency, and the ability to build a challenging yet trusting, working environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in Lean/Six Sigma is desirable.
- Experience in interfacing with all levels within the organization, including senior executives, is required. Must be able to, and enjoy, working in a matrix organization, and lead. cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully translate and communicate strategy and execution of business processes into tactical deliverables that support the overall vision of the GSC.
- High-energy leader; must possess ability to get results by engaging/inspiring others, as well as building and developing human capital.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 10,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
USA-USA-California - Irvine