IT Specialist – Networking and Security
IT Specialists in this job role will have expertise in one or more networking system technology areas. Examples include: routers, networking controllers, bridges, or networking software related to these technologies. Typical examples of the deliverables are building proof-of concept solutions with networking system technology and architecting networking solutions to address client requirements. IT Specialists in this job role work with products or solutions based on any vendor hardware and/or any vendor operating system software. IT Specialists who apply their technical skills to support the operation and maintenance of vendor products, services, and solutions. Individuals who are part of Support typically have responsibility for sizing, troubleshooting, and critical customer situations. The Networking and Security Specialist will be responsible for: Developing complex network and security solutions for clients across industries
-Engaging directly with sales teams and clients to assist them in identifying the initiatives to address their network and security requirements.
-Getting involved in client workshops for network and security maturity assessment.
- Work with the network and security teams with his/her technical knowledge and experiences.
- Focus on providing subject matter expertise for effective design and implementation of customer enterprise network.
- Perform technical assurance for potential projects.
- Perform technical consultation services to customers.
- Provide technical support & consultation in ensuring customer’s satisfaction in the maintenance stage.
- Perform design documentation work during design stage.
We are looking for candidates with bachelor degree in computer science or engineering with Minimum 2years of experience in network-related field (IP networking, Security, VoIP, etc) and operations and the other requirements indicated below.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Network Services Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Well-versed in designing enterprise network with High Availability (HA), Quality-of-Service (QoS), security and network management.
• Well-versed in dynamic routing protocols as well as multilayer switching environment.
• Any CISCO, Juniper or equivalent certification in networking will be considered an advantage.
• Any certification related to Security will be considered and advantage
• Minimum 2years of experience in network-related field (IP networking, Security, VoIP, etc) and operations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
3-4 years of experience in required professional and technical expertise
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role