With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
Auto req ID
Customer Support and Appliation Engineer
Deer Park, IL
The Customer Application Engineer will provide local technical support for Exhaust Gas sensors (NOx, Oxygen, Particulate Matter) with a customer focus on vehicle, engine, and emissions system manufacturers in North America. This job entails diverse responsibilities in a team environment in order to support customers with challenging application issues. Continental’s Exhaust and Emissions Sensor business is a leader in providing measurement solutions to the automotive industry that enable initiatives that support cleaner air and higher fuel efficiency.
• Participate in on site testing of exhaust gas sensor products at customer locations; provide direction and test strategy when appropriate and provide technical support to quality staff with regard to warranty returns.
• Develop an understanding of customer systems in applications that use exhaust gas sensors and apply that knowledge to problem solving activities.
• Facilitate customer/supplier technical information transfer; capable of making technical presentations describing product performance and application considerations relating to sensor implementation.
• Create technical documentation, including technical reports describing product performance and test results, as well as application-specific topics.
• Domestic travel required (25%). Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
• 1 plus years work experience
• Capability to use basic test equipment for measurement of electronic sensors
• Experience with automotive systems or components.
• Good interpersonal/communication skills; ability to cooperate and coordinate with global colleagues; clear and accurate written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills including common office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
• Strong motivation to learn new product technology and the technical infrastructure needed to support the testing of sensor products; intellectual flexibility to learn multidisciplinary features of sensor technology.
• Ability to work with minimal direction ion at off-site locations; demonstrate initiative, but know when to ask for support.
No visa sponsorship provided for this position
• Engine and/or vehicle test and measurement experience including CANape and INCA
• Experience programming using Python, Lab Windows, Labview
• 8D problem solving experience, Mini Tab, Circuit analysis EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000. Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.