The Plant Manager will report directly to the General Manager for Ceramics Group in Ohio. Candidate will manage approximately 60 employees in operations, materials, quality, maintenance and have 3 direct reports. The Plant Manager will direct and manage all short term and long term plant operations and will strive to continuously improve safety, quality, productivity and cost control. The candidate will also provide guidance and analysis in appraising the effectiveness of all operational activities.
Principal Accountabilities Include:
• Responsible for effectively managing and implementing appropriate systems for quality management, health and safety environmental policies and general duty of care for the site.
• Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, ensuring all reporting as required is completed and distributed on time.
• Develop and implement operational strategies and goals to meet the plant’s financial and non-financial objectives.
• Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives.
• Problem analysis and resolution.
• Control and minimize labor costs.
• Ensure Operational, Environmental and health and Safety Compliance in line with PCC policy and relevant government legislative requirements.
• Performs other related duties as directed by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading operations within a manufacturing environment. The Plant Manager will be an operationally focused leader, with a proven track record of success in delivering results through a data and metrics driven approach. Must have experience meeting key objectives and metrics. The successful candidate will have experience implementing a well-organized approach around key functions including manufacturing, operations, quality, maintenance, and safety. Plant Manager will bring exceptional leadership capabilities and the proven ability to mentor and build organizational capability. He/She must be able to manage by example and engage the workforce. Must be a hands-on leader who is accessible and engaging with the entire workforce.
Required Skills and Experiences Include:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field is desired.
Preferred candidate will have minimum of 7 years’ supervisory experience.
Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment showing progressive advancement with increasing levels of responsibility.
Technical competence: uses facts related to the position, including technical, financial, market and product related.
Decision making: manages the plants resources, makes appropriate decision to attain objectives, anticipates the need for change, and solves the problems.
Interpersonal skills: superior written and oral communications.
Business acumen: knows how the business works.
Ability to convert strategies and tactics into meaningful achievements for the business.
Leadership: ability to drive the organization to achieve goals and objectives.
Lead by example.