With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers.
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers.
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive – we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results, develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open – combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute to?
Reporting into the Head, Agile Centre of Excellence, the Agile Coach will embrace servant-leadership, coach teams on Agile methodologies and will collaborate with and influence all levels of the organization to empower and enable Agile Teams/Trains to execute.
This position plays a critical role in training and coaching new Development Teams, Scrum Masters/Release Train Engineers, Product Owners/Management, Shared Services (DevOps, Architects, Systems, UX, Release, etc) and Leadership on Agile values, principles, and methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe), and intimately mentoring and guiding Agile Teams/Trains in execution.
The Agile Coach will identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation by conducting Agile health checks to assess gaps and will work with leadership and Teams to create and execute effective strategies to overcome them (including leading Agile Improvement Projects).
The Agile Coach will also work with various Lines of Business and Functional Groups to drive Agile transformation and ensure organizational alignment, consistency and scalability. This role is a catalyst for nurturing cultural change and an environment that fosters transparency, speed, quality, and innovation. This role is key to enabling people to understand, learn and behave in an agile way to ultimately drive customer and business value.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Customer Growth: Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile practices. Improvement in outgoing Quality and an improvement in speed to market. Provide the Customers what they want, when they want it, in the most efficient manner.
- Financial Performance: Key contributor to drive growth by scaling at a lower cost with a reduction in cost of poor quality.
- Enhanced Service Delivery: Guide the organization towards Agile maturity through formal training sessions and informal communication channels. Constant pursuit of best practices to evolve and scale Agile organization-wide. Build and maintain strong working relationships with Leadership within the Strategic Business Units and Functional Groups. Help identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and work with leadership to create effective strategies to overcome them. Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations for improvement. Coach and mentor teams on Agile processes and methodologies. Evaluate and mentor existing teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, business analysts, developers and testers.
- Leadership: Embrace servant-leadership and coach teams on Agile methodologies. Provide leadership in establishing and operationalizing an Agile framework, processes and standards. Create environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed. Collaborate with and influence all levels of the organization to empower and enable teams to execute.
- Risk Management: Create and/or maintain standards, policies and process documentation following a pragmatic approach. Provide Agile coaching with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in a consultant model. Other projects as assigned by Head, Global Technology, Agile Centre of Excellence.
- Shaping the Future: Work within teams to provide valuable insight and high-impact solutions to internal/external client issues. Maintains awareness of the external environment to anticipate and influence trends that will affect FINASTRA's customers and their business. Uses this information to continually adapt strategy to ensure FINASTRA has competitive advantage in meeting customer needs.
- Driving Operational Excellence: Builds agile and effective operational processes that support FINASTRA's ability to meet customer standards for quality and timeliness. Mobilizes resources to drive continuous process improvement and deliver on commitments to both customers and owners.
- Creating Innovative Industry Solutions: Contributes by using an entrepreneurial approach to develop new and innovative solutions that create value for FINASTRA's customers and owners. Increasingly these solutions span across service platforms and lines of business.
- Nurturing Critical FINASTRA Relationships: Communicates with the Management Team on the status of improvement projects and the required infrastructure and support needed for successful deployment and implementation. Uses effective influence strategies and are able to develop mutually beneficial partnerships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Developing FINASTRA's People to Build Capacity: Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Agile tools, methodologies, change management and team leadership. Achieve business results by developing the people, teams and systems required to execute strategy. Work at the appropriate level and use effective talent management to build capacity and the capability of people who work with them. Lead change and operate at a level consistent with senior leader roles. Through actions and behaviors, lead FINASTRA Values.
Required Skills and Experience:
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Expert knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe)
· Exceptional teaching, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
· Excellent continuous improvement and change management skillset
· Results oriented and customer centric
· Relationship building expertise with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, customers and external alliances
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
· Excellent written and verbal skills with proven ability to effectively present to Executives
· Self-reliant, Assertive and PASSIONATE!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area; Master’s degree or MBA would be an asset
· Multiple Certifications in Agile (ie. ACP, SAFe, CSP, Scrum Master)
Process/Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt) would be an asset
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience in software development. Financial services and consulting experience an asset.
· Extremely strong background in Research & Development
· Experience utilizing Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe)
· Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a variation of Agile processes, as well as prior experience coaching and mentoring software teams on Agile transitions
· Experienced trainer with a motivating style
· Proven track record in leading transformational programs
· Experience coaching and mentoring development and non-development teams
· Experience in creating Agile training/workshop material
· Experience working with small and large development teams
At Finastra the future of finance is open. For more information please view our website: www.finastra.com/careers
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative. The Future is Open. The Future is Now.