It is an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it’s using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life’s experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success Organization has an opening for a Finance Analyst supporting Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Russia (EMEAR) sales team. This position requires finance and accounting knowledge and will be responsible for managing the organization’s bookings forecast and reporting, OPEX with month end close process, liaison with finance peers, monthly expense review and optimization.
Additional skills required include:
• Work with finance peers and Vendor Management Organization (VMO) on expense tasks unique to Virtual Sales to determine Cisco liability to our vendors. This includes working with finance to complete monthly journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, and managing detailed expense schedules.
• Participate in forecasts and maintenance of reporting packages and tools, systems and policies, as well as the analysis and interpretation of data and trends.
• Responsible for leading team towards greater standardization and innovation, evolving current processes and procedures driving consistency across the global organization.
• Direct experience with business oriented data analysis and data management is essential. Demonstrated success in developing and managing complex financial reports and processes.
• Comfortable interpreting meaning and relevance from raw data, and is a confident and refined communicator with the ability to present, organize, and convey complex problems or issues with the ability to discuss and present factual information to other team members and business partners.
• The right candidate must be able to support a global organization with colleagues in different time zones across the globe and must be able to succeed in an ambiguous and constantly changing matrixed organization.
• The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, highly organized, and has the ability to quickly grasp business needs and issues.
• BA/BS degree with 5 years of related experience
• Advanced MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
• Proficiency in MS Access, Hyperion Essbase, and Business Objects is highly desired
• Strong business acumen coupled with financial prudence
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure who has a positive team oriented attitude
• Maintains a high level of integrity and objectivity and champions Cisco’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics