Technology that enables cars to drive themselves. Routine flights to Mars. Fusion reactors that produce limitless energy. To most people, they’re pure science fiction from the world of tomorrow like something out of a movie. But at Lockheed Martin, we live on the cutting edge of physics, material science, technology and engineering. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This internship will support the corporate Global Diversity & Inclusion organization. This corporate position will have high visibility across the Lockheed Martin corporate Human Resources organization as well as the opportunity to interface with the business area operations.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Engagement with employee network and internal community
- Communications related to Diversity &Inclusion initiatives around employee engagement, inclusive leadership, and work environment
- Support external corporate activities, events, and related efforts to attract and retain a diverse pipeline of talent
- Assist with research and benchmarking best practices within industry, nationally, and globally
- Conduct value-add analysis and recommending metrics for tracking progress and process improvements
- Design and delivery of training and development materials
- Other projects as assigned
Pursuing a degree in a Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline (Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Labor Relations, Business, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and involvement
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience in branding, marketing, and promoting internal and external events
- Problem solver/solution focused
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Project management and event planning experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop mutually effective relationships with leaders, peers, and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive documents and information
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
City(s): Bethesda, Rockville