Research scientist/Engineer - AI Solutions for IoT
Research Scientist/ Research Engineer – AI solutions for IoT
IBM Research - Ireland is active in developing assets and theories to support IBM’s activities that address decision making in uncertain and complex environments. Some application domains include, but are not limited to, the areas of automotive, healthcare and internet of things.
The successful candidate will work on projects related to the Internet of Things, AI, Optimisation & Control applied to automotive and health domains.
- MSc Degree in any of the following domains: Operations Research, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science
- Working knowledge and experience with IoT device data and/or communication or relevant systems.
- Strong modular design, object-oriented programming, and code optimisation skills
- API design in a cloud environment and/or service oriented architectures
- Relational and No-SQL database design and management (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Redis)
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and multicultural environment, autonomously and as part of a team
- Willing to learn new technologies and to propose novel technical solutions
- Strong publication and report writing skills
- English: Fluent
- PhD Degree in any of the following domains: Operations Research, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science
- Strong publication record in top-tier research conferences and journals
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS and Paas platforms such as IBM Softlayer/Bluemix, AWS, etc.
- Experience with collaborative development tools such as Git
- Working knowledge in developing software applying mathematical methods, such as data mining, optimization or machine learning
- Experience in one of the following domains: Health care, automotive, internet of things
The IBM Research – Ireland laboratory was established in 2010. Our core mission is to pursue cutting-edge research on a portfolio of societal challenges. We seek to cultivate close relationships with academic and industrial partners, to be a great place to work for world-class talent, promote diversity in IT and Science, and help to drive Europe’s innovation agenda.
IBM Research conducts scientific research and develops technologies and processes for use with IBM products and customer applications. IBM is a leading manufacturer of computer hardware and a leading provider of products and services, including infrastructure, hosting, and consulting services. IBM Research fosters close partnerships with the other IBM divisions, and consequently we are constantly exposed to real world problems. This puts IBM Research in a unique place where we become aware of fundamental research challenges and opportunities in the real world before they are visible to the research community at large.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See full job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
See full job description.
Must be eligible to work in Ireland
New Collar Role