DIRECTOR-SUPPLY CHAIN ENGINEERING
The Director of Supply Chain Engineering is responsible for providing dynamic leadership, creating vision, building and developing team and managing results delivery for group responsible for engineering solutions to drive supply chain operational excellence and expansion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, organize, train and lead a highly competent team of engineers and engineering managers to drive development of standards and visibility, lead continuous improvement of operational performance, and plan and execute transitions associated with continued growth, expansion and optimization; this includes DC engineering teams.
- Work in partnership with operational leaders to identify, plan and execute continuous improvement opportunities, including process optimization, workforce development and systems enhancements.
- Develop work procedures and engineered labor standards for use in labor and performance management and development of incentive compensation programs.
- Analyze and develop effective solutions to key operational problems.
- Manage master data and slotting to optimize operational performance.
- Create a system of visibility and measurements to drive operational performance improvements.
- Develop business cases for supply chain investments, including analysis of capital investments and associated cost savings and other benefits to guide in executive decision making. This includes calculation of cash flows, net present value, internal rate of return and payback periods.
- Work in partnership with operational leaders to plan and execute operational transitions associated with the expansion of facilities, systems or other infrastructure.
- Manage a portfolio of engineering projects and develop associated plans and communicate status of project execution, including cost, schedule, capabilities and risks, as appropriate
- Oversee and execute supply chain initiatives and strategies that will develop and ensure consistent and efficient flow of product across the supply chain from supplier to store shelf.
- Serve in leadership role in supply chain optimization initiatives particularly in areas of supply chain network design, store and e-commerce delivery model design and product flow optimization, from supplier to end customer
- Partner across the supply chain including Store Operations, SVPs/AVPs, Merchandising and Inventory as well as key Suppliers to align supply chain design requirements to other retail and enterprise initiatives, identify gaps and opportunities.
- Lead evaluation of alternative strategies for meeting capacity, distribution and fulfillment requirements.
- Collaborate with vendors and external service providers to identify and evaluate opportunities for supply chain efficiency and cost reduction
- Supervisory Responsibility: Yes - Direct: Exempt Employees & Non-Exempt Employees
- Travel – approximately 30-40% travel required.
Auto req ID
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Logistics or Business.
- Masters degree in related field preferred
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma methods in driving continuous improvement.
- Must have 5-10 years supply chain leadership and engineering experience in a similar environment.
- Developing and leveraging supply chain analytics and decision support tools for supply chain design and improvement, with exposure to best practices
- Experience in supply chain engineering, and engineering leadership, including operational layout, design of material handling equipment and systems, storage systems and equipment, etc.
- Strong program or project management experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Proven capability to work with people at all levels of an organization
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 50 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977