B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace is the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products. B/E Aerospace designs, develops, and manufactures a broad range of products for both commercial aircraft and business jets. For more information, visit the B/E Aerospace website at www.beaerospace.com
B/E Aerospace's Fairchild production facility is our Engineered Components business, which is a new business entity whose primary charter is the design, development, certification, and production of a proprietary seat actuation system for exclusive use on B/E seating products.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Electrical Design Engineer in our Engineered Components business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
We are looking for creative minds to joins our dynamic team as an Electrical Design Engineer. In this position you will be performing complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. The position requires an ability to interpret, on a broad basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of the engineering specialty.
- Work with cross functional design team to develop new and maintain existing embedded applications for controlling electromechanical devices and GUI’s
- Conceptualize, design and develop PCB layouts using Altium design tools within IPC standards
- Develop test applications for supporting all phases of development and verification of deliverable applications
- Work within existing processes and guidelines to ensure consistent and traceable results
- Generate high and low level system and software requirements based on customer specifications
- Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer
- Develop, implement, analyze, measure, test and validate control equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for system and product specifications
- Provide and support the continuous improvement and development of all electromechanical solutions
- Create and conduct algorithm assessments, characterization, testing and verification
- Evaluate and apply new developments and technologies
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and program team to create overall system and product design specifications
- Collaborate with hardware, operations, quality, test equipment and manufacturing engineers to define and implement manufacturing test procedures/processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineerig,or related engineering field from a four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience developing software within an embedded environment, including strong knowledge of multiple microcontroller architectures, preferably with PIC based processors
- Experienced in full cycle of DO-178B requirements application.
- Experience with software verification tools for showing regulatory compliance of statement coverage and traceability
- Experience with MP Lab and top down design practices
- Experience with National Instruments Labview development tools
- Experience with communication and networking protocols as applied in embedded environment (RS-485, RS-232, I2C, SPI, USB, UART drivers, etc.)
- Experience with source code archiving methodologies
- 10% travel may be required
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.