POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Accounts Payable & Treasury Officer - Third Party rolls for initially 1 year
Asst. Manager / Sr. Manager - Finance
Part 1. Describe the Position
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing and reconciling invoices.
(1) Job Purpose:
This position exists to provide support on the Payable team and Treasury team for Xylem India operations.
(2) Goals and Objectives: Several bullet points for setting performance objectives.
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Reconciles & processed inventory & freight invoice by verifying with Purchase order, GRN entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Proper accounting on such items as invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Vendor code creation and maintain related document for creating vendor account.
- Process remittance information from wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling half yearly statements and related transactions.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
- Generate o/s report and release payment to vendor on due date
- Maintain tracker of PDC cheque and Deposit collection
- Post all credit card entry to employee account and clear payment on time
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and bank accounts and other bank related products
- Attempt to resolve issues and problems with vendor's accounts
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures
Part 2.Describe the Person
A)Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
(1) Key technical skills and knowledge.
- B.Com / M.Com with 2-3 years of experience in the fields of Accounts Payable
- Should have ability to handled P2P Cycle
- Should have excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with inter department and resolve issue
- Knowledge of ERP tools
B) Career Pathways: identify the classification/s that might be next career opportunity for employees in the classification.
After a successful stint in this role, this person can aspire to be the lead P2P Cycle.