Req ID: 26042
Job Family: 5252
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that cutting-edge technology is used at Sabre by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world - travel and tourism? Now that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
Trip Data Services KRK development team is looking for a person that will help us succeed. We are looking for someone passionate about organizing work and making sure things get done to the end. We are looking for someone full of energy, with positive and open-minded attitude, who is never content with status quo, is constantly looking for improvements and has the drive and persistence to implement the positive changes.
Who are we?
Trip Data Services team is focused on developing and maintaining variety of PNR (travel booking) services running on open systems (Linux). In specific the team is responsible for multiple PNR web services, PNR data distribution to internal and external customers and development of Trip Record - breakthrough architecture to store and operate on next-generation booking data. All the applications are high volume, multi-instance and critical.
What do we offer?
This is the job of running the projects, in all the phases. We expect you to analyze the requirements, make decisions and take responsibility. In turn you have vast liberty how to make sure things get done.
Team Lead Technical Product Manager
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Architecture or/and Marketing partners on defining business requirements
- Works with the development team providing team members with help in understanding customers’ needs
- Analyze new feature requirements and how they fit into existing products
- Will work closely with software developers, create User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and test cases based on business requirements (work as part of agile team)
- Under general direction, formulates and defines complex systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of industry requirements
- Documents solutions in comprehensive User Stories that describe what needs to be delivered
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation of proper system requirement specifications
- Researches and analyzes current systems to gain an understanding of customer business requirements that are needed to support development of new solutions
- Will understand, interpret and translate business requirements and aviation regulations into the necessary designs and documentation.
- Assesses business requirements to evaluate alternative or existing solutions
- Presents technical problems in a comprehensible way to the business
- Identifies opportunities to maximize use of current product for customers
- Investigates issues reported by the external and internal customers
- Supports release scope based on business priority, risks and technical dependencies
- Initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog
- Refines and orders Product/Release backlogs in collaboration with Development Team, as necessary
- Provides inputs for go/no-go decision making for every release in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Interfaces with customer when required by Product Manager. Translates customer needs/feedback into more detailed business requirements
‘Must have’ skills:
- Drive to get things done, takes ownership, positive attitude
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, Agile and Scrum in particular
- Experience as Business Analyst, Product Owner or in Product Management role or similar
- Ability to perform business systems analysis; explain and document complex requirements in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects workload
- Flexible attitude, organized and able to handle competing priorities
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills; written and verbal.
‘Nice to have’ skills:
- Understanding of modern software development practices: continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Previous background in software development roles (one of product management, software developer, business analyst, QA)
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Information Technology, IT Manager, Manager, Business Analyst, Linux, Technology, Management