We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A LOT GOES INTO CREATING A GREAT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
Nordstrom is continually striving to ensure that customers experience the same great fashion and service across all the ways they choose to shop with us, whether that’s in the store, online, or some combination of the two. This team works throughout the company to deliver great shopping through cutting-edge technology.
A day in the life…
The Nordstrom UX team is looking for a Prototyper who can help drive the test and learn design process, bridge the gap between static designs and production-ready code, and create processes and best practices in prototyping. This role will be responsible for partnering closely with UX Designers to increase the fidelity and realism of conceptual and static designs to interactive prototypes. A successful candidate will help our UX, Product, User Research, and Engineering teams ensure design concepts are customer-centric and technologically feasible.
- Utilize your high attention to detail to bring designs to life with polished micro-interactions and dynamic data.
- Partner closely with design on directions to explore and determine the best fidelity and platform to prototype within.
- Work as a bridge between UX Design and Engineering, bridging the concepts with what can be built
- Identify inefficient prototyping processes and lead/create new processes or tools to make improvements.
- Demonstrate strong passion, excellent communication skills, and creative problem solving.
- Assist design leadership in identifying and prioritizing risks in requests.
- Show commitment to team through collaboration and positive, proactive communication.
- Demonstrate productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to deadlines and strong results.
- Provide guidance and training in prototyping practices to the UX team.
- Write and maintain documentation for prototyping processes.
You own this if you have…
- Experience working with UX design closely and developing UI frontends for different platforms (desktop, mobile web, mobile apps).
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with proven success in achieving aggressive deadlines.
- 2+ years writing code within a design-focused environment, as a member of the design team or a Front-end Engineer working closely with Designers.
- Experience developing sophisticated UI prototypes for mobile and desktop form factors.
- A portfolio showcasing a deep passion for code and creativity.
- Experience working for an e-commerce company or with complex interactive systems.
- Proficient in UI application and framework development.
- Experience in Android or iOS mobile application interface design.
- Strong understanding of UI and UX principles in a modern technology organization.
- Familiar with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC, Principle, Axure, Proto.io.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- “Maker” experience is a plus (Raspberry Pi/Arduino).
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this job.
02/13/2018, 5:01:57 PM