Feb 14, 2018
Americas-United States of America-New York-New York Bachelor's Degree
Other Full Time Vice President
The Morgan Stanley Securities Lending desk is an industry leader and its IT team is looking for a talented team lead to work on a high performance trading solution. Candidate must have a desire to take full ownership of every aspect of the SDLC on assigned deliverables, from requirements and analysis through testing and deployment. Candidate must be a hands on developer in Java/Scala on the server side or .NET/HTML5 on the client side. They will be expected to work closely with the securities lending trading desk to gather requirements, innovate and architect solutions, and manage a focused and functional team. Strong communication skills are a must as this role will entail heavy stakeholder interaction with the trading business.
The application provides traders with a sophisticated suite of decision and analytic functions, allowing them to manage and process a large number of needs and execute high volumes of transactions. The environment is fast-paced and business-focused. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of programming experience in Java and/or functional programming with Scala, with good analytical and communication skills. Familiarity with event-driven systems are a must. The selected candidate will interact closely with our trading desk globally so strong written and verbal skills are required.
Candidate must be proficient in Java/Scala or C# .NET with a strong algorithmic and data structures background.
Additional Required Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 5+ years? experience in systems development
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Relational database design and SQL
- Building event-driven, high-performance, low-latency applications in a multi-tiered architecture
- Multithreaded programming
- Experience in the finance industry, ideally a trading or related business
- Web technologies including HTML5, AngularJS, and d3js
- Unix (Linux)
- Perl or Python
- Knowledge of Securities Finance (Securities Lending, Secured Funding, Prime Services)
- Machine Learning
- Apache Kafka