The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting with content development across various communication channels throughout G/O Digital/TEGNA. This role is a mix of content marketing, sales support, strategic communications, & digital marketing. The ideal candidate can write to any audience, understands content development/strategy,digital marketing and takes pride in the creation of relevant, meaningful content. Past experience with Wordpress will be beneficial for this role. This is an entrepreneurial role in a growing team.
Plan, develop and execute content marketing materials (blog posts, research studies, case studies, etc.) that help build demand and interest in G/O Digital products, elevate the internal and external visibility of the G/O Digital and brand. Facilitate/manage creation of content with other internal groups and employees. (50%)
Collaborate with Senior Product Marketing Manager and Senior Product Manager to develop and drive strategic content communications plans an editorial calendar. (20%)
Work with internal teams (both marketing and other departments) to plan and execute on various content assets. (15%)
Manage G/O Digital blog, including writing, editing and scheduling posts as well as overseeing guest-blogger processes and pieces. (10%)
Plan and create engaging presentation and webinar decks in line with the topic/theme of the presentation and relevant to the event's audience. (5%)
• You have a passion for supporting local businesses, digital marketing and innovation.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
• You’re a change agent: thrive on challenging yourself to push beyond conventional thinking.
• You’re a problem solver: make things happen and work well with others to build constructive and effective relationships.
• You seek initiative: volunteer readily, undertake self-development activities, seek increased responsibilities, take independent actions and calculated risks.
• You’re detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
• You have the intellectual curiosity to surface insights and implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
• You’re a whip-smart writer and natural storyteller.
• You can manage multiple projects on separate timelines without letting anything slip.
• You have an extensive background and training in grammar, punctuation and AP style.
• 2-4 years’ experience.
• Experience with Kapost, online content management systems and Marketo
• Industries: Journalism, Publishing, Marketing (writing role), PR, other agency (advertising, promotion, brand, digital)
•Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or Marketing (NOTE: A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the
education listed above.)
About G/O Digital
G/O Digital is a division of TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA). We help businesses, big & small #WinLocal. For National Brands and Agencies, we transform content into commerce. For Small and Medium Sized Businesses (SMBs), G/O Digital is a one-stop-shop for local businesses looking to connect with consumers through digital marketing. The G/O Digital premise is simple: whether you’re a big brand marketer or local business owner, we deliver a simple suite of digital marketing solutions to connect with consumers locally in a meaningful, personal way that drives measureable results.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 46 stations in 38 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and 32 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.