United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
Architectural Coatings N.A.
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Feb 12, 2018, 3:33:17 PM
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
The Dealer Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with key dealer accounts. Through relationship management of the dealership owners, their management and sales teams, provide value-adding sales support that will help them grow their business through the promotion and sale of PPG products to end-users.
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensure all Dealer accounts are meeting sales and profit goals.
- Develop and execute a strategy with existing dealers to identify end-users and make joint calls to promote and sell PPG products and services.
- Provide, sell and educate Dealers on tools to promote PPG products - product support, sales promotions, marketing and merchandising materials and advertising opportunities. This would include all PPG product categories including sundries.
- Organize/conduct dealer/end-user education and product information seminars.
- Use all necessary information (e.g. geomarketing data) on new/existing end-user customers, markets, competition and product/service performance and use to help dealers develop and execute their market strategy.
- Through either partnering with dealer sales force or through own initiative, call on architectural firms, general contractors, engineering firms, etc, to get PPG products specified.
- Build strong relationships with contractors/customers through taking an active role in local industry trade associations.
- Work with Dealer representatives to schedule weekly calls at either dealer and/or end-user locations and ensure prompt follow-up and response to any specific customer needs.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Dealer store personnel.
- Use initiative in handling customer problems, complaints and warranty issues. Resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for account receivables in territory and ensure compliance with credit policies.
- Achieve Price and Margin targets by managing pricing, credits, job quotes and follow up on expiring job quotes.
- Carry out responsibilities in an accident-free, ethical manner in accordance with PPG policy.
Company car and laptop provided by PPG.
- 3 years of sales experience with demonstrated success
- 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, negotiating and presentation skills are necessary.
- Significant travel is required. Occasional weekend, evenings and overnight stays will also be expected.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG
- Coatings experience strongly preferred
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: