Plant Metabolism Technical Lead-01OPL
Description The Compositional Biology Team enables regulatory approvals of Monsanto’s GM (genetically modified) crop products by conducting high-quality crop composition assessments, insuring appropriate application of analytical technologies, and contributing to outreach initiatives that address product safety and benefits. We are seeking a Plant Metabolism Technical Lead to provide scientific and technical expertise within this team. The successful candidate will cultivate collaborations with internal stakeholders including Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Sciences, Biotechnology, and Quality Assurance, as well as external partners such as contract research and industry collaboration organizations to support data quality, acceptability, defensibility, relevance, and outreach.
Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. Our best-in-class technologies deliver sustainable agriculture solutions that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving precious natural resources. Monsanto Technology is comprised of a multifaceted group of scientists working together to revolutionize crop protection chemistries, plant breeding, and biotechnology. Our Formulations & Delivery group develops innovative new formulations by identifying and advancing underlying technologies and continually improving our development processes. Monsanto is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a top 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and by Great Place to Work’s Top 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
- Directing and evaluating crop composition studies
- Collaborating with colleagues to provide scientific leadership and support for product submissions
- Contributing to the development of strategies for the analyses of new products and crops
- Evaluating analytical method innovation and process improvement approaches for compositional analysis
Qualifications Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Sciences, or related field
- Strong knowledge of plant metabolism and biochemistry
- Laboratory experience in metabolite analysis
- Demonstrated experience in experiment design and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated success within a cross-functional or collaborative environment
- Hands-on experience generating and/or analyzing omics data sets
- Familiarity with database structure and design
- Familiarity with statistical approaches
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience with quality management systems
- Interest in regulatory strategy
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
-Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
-You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
-We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
-Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Job Research & Development
Primary LocationNorth America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Organization GLB Regulatory Affairs_51177232