Why is our “Development Practice Head” the next step for you?
Group Technology and Engineering (GTE) is at the heart of everything we do. We are going through unprecedented transformation fuelled by extraordinary growth in the online world and unparalleled investment in our product, people and platforms. We work in a collaborative and supportive way, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
How will you add value on a day-to-day basis?
Practice Head will lead the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of Worldpay Total solution architecture, design & delivery, creating platform capabilities to enable growth in creative and innovative ways, from vision through strategy and execution. Leading and provide hands-on support to the development teams as the solution are built. Work & Groom the development teams on technology best practices and assists team in career progression. Collaborate with platform teams located in India and globally to drive/deliver platform and product innovation.
What will make you the ideal candidate?
Practice head who will be ensuring joined-up global application, infrastructure, data or security, designs, delivery and influencing the associated software roadmaps that supports the business product roadmaps and drive simplification and technology innovation for Worldpay Total platform.
To ensure new solutions development initiatives are globally aligned and converge with the GTE Engineering strategic roadmap. Also contribute in research & POC’s for newer technologies with continuous improvement of current platforms and technology refactoring efforts. To lead big team of engineers thought there personal career advancement, trainings & manage their 360 degree feedbacks and appraisals.
- Lead Engineering teams on platform, work closely with customers, the business units, Solutions Engineering and the delivery teams to ensure that the platform can do what is required to delight customers today and prepare them for what will be needed in the future.
- Interface with product teams to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- Create and maintain a technical roadmap and act as the advocate in prioritisation discussions with the Group leadership / executives.
- Work across, and within, Development teams, work with Enterprise Architecture and other Principal Engineers to define how their platform will work with other platforms across Worldpay's technical estate and its underlying infrastructure both now and in the future, seeking to ensure that overall costs of ownership are reduced whilst not compromising customer capability
- To provide solution leadership and be accountable for the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of the technology delivery & technology research of one, or more major business product segments & significant technology domains.
- To manage closely WorldPay development teams to ensure that solution designs & delivery principles are understood and successfully realised.
- To liaise and interface with on-shore engineering teams, in order to ensure alignment with the development teams within the Delivery centre.
- Track technology developments and champion the adoption of appropriate tools, technologies and development techniques where they provide real business value and support Worldpay’s continued high growth
- Find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, and Continuous Delivery. In addition adopt a Scientific Method in many aspects for leadership, management, delivery and operations
- To implement and operate the technology governance framework in order to assess all projects and initiatives for ‘fit’ against the GTE technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the project.
- To support technology supplier and product selections in conjunction with the business and other areas of the GTE organisation.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time-
- Source code control (Git)
- Web Service design (SOAP/WSDL and/or RESTful)
- Experience of designing Enterprise-grade architectures.
- Virtualised Linux deployments
- Atlassian tool set
- Oracle, Performance tools
- Knowledge/practical application of agile methods
- Performance analysis and tuning of distributed multi-tiered Java applications
- Good industry knowledge including: languages, products, open source frameworks.
- Experience in good development practice (CI, unit testing, TDD, agile, etc)
- Experience of database design in large database systems.
- PMP, CSM, SAFe 4.0 SA, ITIL and/or any technical certifications in Java technologies is Preferred.
How is Worldpay changing the world?
We are leaders in modern money. Each and every time you use your debit card or credit card to pay for something, whether online or face-to-face, there’s a good chance it happened because of us. On an annual basis our innovations, systems and technology enable billions of money transactions globally. Worldpay has merged with Vantiv Inc. to create a new global leader in payments. The new Worldpay will have the scale, the reach and the resources to take our success story to another level. This move allows us to expand further into high growth markets, deliver innovation at scale and above all, brings together exceptional talent and a shared passion that will help propel us forward to the next chapter of our collective story.
Our technology enables billions of payments to be made each year whether online or in person. Working with customers large and small we help them to take payments quickly, safely and reliably, allowing them to grow their businesses and making your life more convenient in the process.