Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the HR Manager, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating recruitment activities and undertaking general HR administration activities. This role is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and accuracy within all aspects of work.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain HRIS (Workday), ensuring all records are accurate and up to date. Work closely with the EMEA HR Administration team as required.
- Under the guidance of the HR Manager support the recruitment activities by:
- Taking full briefs from hiring managers to understand the exact requirements of approved vacancies to ensure that only relevant candidates are submitted. This includes job and person specification and ensuring that the grade and package is appropriate.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Agreeing a general high level plan with hiring managers for recruitment processes e.g. target time scales for the delivery of candidates.
- Ensuring that job specifications for open reqs are posted correctly on Cubic’s external careers site and are compliant with both Cubic policy and any relevant employment legislation working with the wider HR team as required.
- Briefing external suppliers i.e. recruitment agencies on Cubic’s PSL in full and ensuring that roles are open to them in Workday.
- Arranging interviews when these are requested by hiring managers, maintain records of interview notes.
- Facilitating the passing of feedback and information to candidates, hiring managers and recruitment agencies for the duration of the recruitment process.
- Acting as the main point of contact for any admin or process related recruitment queries. Able to guide manager on the recruitment process including utilizing Workday.
- Confirming details of candidate offers with hiring managers. Raising approvals for candidate offers in Workday.
- Managing relationships with 3rd parties via which contractors are engaged (e.g. recruitment agencies) to facilitate the onboarding of new contractors and the extension of existing contractors.
- Reviewing extension agreements for contractors (provided by the 3rd party in which the contractor has been engaged) to ensure the information is correct and subsequently providing confirmation to Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Maintain training records and assist with the coordination of training as required
- Coordinate with background verification vendor for invoices and BG reports
- Track the probationary review process, and provide administrative support as required
- Process all leaver documentation
- Create and maintain personnel files, ensuring that all filing is up to date and support the scanning and destruction of leaver files
- Action weekly absence management processes including sickness absence recording and holiday system reporting and reconciliation.
- Provide administrative support and prepare ad-hoc reports as required
Minimum Job Requirements:
Degree in a relevant field with two years of experience in recruiting and/or prior experience in HR administration.
- Proven background in administration with a focus on quality, accuracy and customer services
- Previous experience working within in a fast paced, growing organization with a complex structure. Prior experience of working for a global technology business highly desirable
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with all levels of the organization demonstrating excellent customer service
- Able to demonstrate the ability to write clear and concise communications in a corporate environment including emails and adverts for urgent vacancies.
- Competent user of Microsoft office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous experience extracting data from various sources including spreadsheets and systems and creating reports in various formats e.g. PowerPoint or Excel.
- Must have previous experience using systems to complete processes and track data e.g HRI, Workday experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Previous, demonstrable experience working in an in-house Recruitment or HR administration role
- Previous experience working in a high volume, pressurized environment and delivering required tasks within deadlines to a high standard.
- Experience of working for an Engineering, Transportation or Technology business.
- Experience using and/or knowledge of HR/recruitment system Workday.
- Previous experience posting roles on job boards.
- Previous experience conducting candidate searches using Boolean.
Previous experience and/or knowledge of sourcing tools such as LinkedIn and general CV databases.
- Previous experience of working recruitment agents; sourcing and screening candidates
- Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities in a busy environment
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- A good sense of judgment with the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality as and when required
- Emotional maturity and stability.
- Ability to cope with change and conflicting demands.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills. Good telephone manner
- Dedication to customer focus.
- Self-starter and driven to make improvement to processes.
- Excellent personal time management and priority setting.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.