Location: BE - KONTICH
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Melissa Hermans
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Primary Purpose of the Position
- Develop and roll out a communication strategy and plan towards external audiences in order to continue to grow the company's reputation and brand image in BeNe. As such, the position covers corporate communication and brand communication. In brand communication, the role consist mainly of supervision and alignment. Promote Goodyear's interests and support our company's engagement with governments & public authorities in order to ensure alignment of new legislation with our business strategies.
- Achieve correct positioning and perception of the BeNe company by managing all potential communication channels and influencing stakeholder groups. Lead company Public Relations and Media Relations activities and proactively develop the positioning and perception of the BeNe company, people, products and brands.
- Manage and drive communication projects as part of BeNe core Marketing Team / EMEA Corporate Communications / Public Affairs Team.
- Design and manage the internal communications process related to change management within the BeNe organization
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Brand PR:
Help our brands' image building to make them top of mind in their respective categories. Support the successful introduction and ongoing sales of new products for all brands. Achieve targeted levels of coverage in the respective Product Business Units. Reinforce our brand positioning as a leader in innovative products conscious about economy, environmental impact and road safety.
- Corporate Communications:
Build the reputation of our company as the industry's leading contributor on a number of corporate themes (e.g. Innovation, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability, Tire Labeling & Road Safety). Respond timely to all media requests. Pro-actively look for media opportunities. Establish and broaden a network of key media contacts. Engage in key partnerships to leverage our priorities. Ensure the liaison with the EMEA communications team. Protect the company’s reputation with effective crisis management. Draft external messaging with support of internal stakeholders and align with the person responsible for internal crisis communication to ensure consistent messaging. Ensure to have a crisis communication plan for the cluster as part of crisis management plan.
- Government Affairs:
Defend the interest of BeNe towards legislators aligned with the business interest. Represent the company at trade organisations on key Public Affairs topics.
- Employee engagement:
Ensure associates understand the strategy and reasons for change
- 5 years of experience (preferably in an International company) in Public Relations and/or Marketing and/or Management of (integrated) communications programs and/or Government Affairs
- Asset: Experience in Automotive Industry
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of media both online and print.
- Experienced and media savvy spokesperson.
- Knowledge in communications management of national accounts (tools and processes)
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of Government Affairs, budget planning and controlling
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Know-How of the automotive sector
- Proven communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and perform in a multi-cultural business environment.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Manager, Marketing Manager, Corporate Communications, PR, Project Manager, Management, Marketing, Technology