We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing technical guidance and support to Contract Manufactures for Testing of leading edge Optical and Electronics Assemblies in Thailand. In this role, you will participate to the manufacturing transfer of high end optical transmission product from Canada to Thailand.
A significant part of the role will include partnership with NPI engineering and a strong leadership role with our CM partners. The role also contains quality and cost reduction aspect by leading product and process Yields improvement programs, improving test process and conducting fault analysis on Customer products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, Modify and Develop optical products test HW and SW Fixtures, Programs, Procedures and Documentation.
- Lead Yield and Process improvement.
- Identify manufacturability and product performance improvement with product design team.
- Resolve technical issues associated with product assembly and testing.
- Provide technical assistance in refining manufacturing and test processes.
- Introduce new products on current manufacturing and test processes.
- Work with the factory to increase production/test efficiency, quality, and yield. Review test data, identify design related hardware and software problems.
- Provide technical interface between engineering groups, program management, design and CM partner.
- Strong SW and HW technical skills with hands on experience in product testing & debugging
- Programming experience with TestStan, Labview, CVI, MatLab, LUA is definitely an asset
- Strong personal skills, Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Team player, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform both strategic and repetitive/routine tasks
- Leadership skills to manage Technicians and S/W consultants.
- Self-motivated, well-organized with a willingness to learn
- Willing to accept flexible schedule occasionally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant science fields (Electronic, SW, Mechatronic, others)
- Speaking & writing: Fluent English
- 0 to 10 years of relevant experience in electronic manufacturing and testing
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.