Corporate/Healthcare Compliance Paralegal
The Corporate/Healthcare Compliance Paralegal will support the legal and compliance team in a fast-paced, high-growth healthcare technology environment. The paralegal shall manage the company’s corporate documentation and contracts with customers and vendors. Additionally, the paralegal will assist the legal and compliance team with providing support to the sales, product development, IT, and other departments. The paralegal will also draft privacy and security incident reports, in accordance with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Manage internal corporate documentation, such as bylaws, corporate certificates, and minutes.
- Perform due diligence for corporate transactions: gather and manage documents in virtual data room.
- Implement formal contract management system: file, manage, and track executed contracts, change orders, and amendments electronically; read, understand, track, and log contract provisions; manage library of contract versions and provisions.
- Draft and redline agreements.
- Research, investigate, and draft reports on potential privacy and security incidents in accordance with HIPAA regulations and policies under oversight of the Chief Privacy Officer; manage log of privacy and security incidents.
- Assist with legal and compliance initiatives and interface effectively with all other departments throughout the organization.
- Perform administrative tasks, as assigned.
- College degree
- 5-7 years of in-house paralegal experience, preferably in high-growth or start-up environment
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills
- Critical and analytical skills, ability to understand and apply regulatory requirements to factual situations
- Be intellectually curious when investigating, analyzing, and drawing conclusions
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and extremely comfortable with new technology
- Familiarity with virtual data rooms (such as Intralinks), contract management platforms, and Salesforce or other customer relationship management system preferred
- Experience with HIPAA and/or other federal regulatory requirements strongly preferred
Phreesia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Phreesia would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume, however, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.