Genscape is seeking a talented summer intern to work in conjunction with the Oil and Internal Tools Development team in order to broaden Genscape’s internal tool set as it relates to the Oil product suite. The prospective applicant should be willing to develop new web based tools to improve work flow and efficiencies. While in the internship, the successful applicant can expect the following:
What you will do and learn:
- Enhance current legacy reporting and modeling applications incorporating coding best practices.
- Work on the development of an internal workflow tool using the latest browser technologies for building fast and responsive UIs.
- Identify and pursue potential performance, reliability, and process improvements.
- Help to improve/create data-processing and data-validation scripts among several applications along with including data visualization.
Over the course of your internship, you will know you’re successful if:
- You demonstrate a strong initiative to provide value in a highly collaborative team environment.
- You demonstrate knowledge and carefulness essential to develop and manage business-critical 24-hour operational systems
- In your first 30 Days you would know and understand 50% of the system administrator capabilities and be able to complete simple bug fixes/enhancements.
- In your first 60 Days you would know and understand 100% of the diagnostic and critical characteristics of the system and be able to complete most if not all bug fixes/enhancements.
- By the end of your internship, you will deliver your production ready application and understand the full stack of technologies used.
This role might be for you if:
- You have or are working towards a Bachelors in Computer Science or related.
- You have a general understanding of Object Oriented programming concepts
- You have exposure to HTML5, CSS
- You have experience with development of Web-based applications
- You have worked with and IDE like IDEA, Visual Studio
- You are familiar with source control systems like Subversion, Git, etc.
- You have a strong desire to learn new technologies fast!
- You possess excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- You like flexibility, are able to deal with ambiguity and like to work on multiple projects
- You have an ability to work in a dispersed team environment