This position is based in Shenzhen.
Expedia is the world's largest travel company. It operates about 200 travel booking websites in about 75 countries. Its gross bookings were about $72 billion in 2016 and 30% bookings were made via mobile device. Expedia was founded in 1996 and has more than 20, 000 employees. Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Expedia made $1.2 billion investment in technology and content last year.
Our Chinese R&D is growing rapidly. We are looking for an experienced and talented Java developer to create, enhance, and maintain our tier 1 service supporting lodging business.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable web application and services.
- Work closely with other talented developers located in China, India and US.
- Engineer innovative solution to improve performance and scalability.
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility.
- Address production issues of the system.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- 5 years+ overall development experience with demonstrated growth in producing high performance, scalable we applications.
- English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong technical proficiency in Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Json/xml, web services and object -oriented design
- Experience in agile/scrum software development practices and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience preferred.
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.