Req ID: 23961
Job Family: 5248
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. Sabre posted $3.2 billion in revenue in 2014 and employs approximately 10,000 people globally through its three business units – Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions.
(Sr.) GENERAL ACCOUNTANT
Sabre is a leading technology solutions provider to the nearly US$8 trillion travel industry. Our technology and datadriven solutions help our airline, hotel and travel agency customers grow their businesses and transform the traveler experience. The scale, breadth and depth of our technology is unmatched and sustains a complex industry.
We have been named to the InformationWeek 500 list of the most innovative technology companies for 11 consecutive years. And InformationWeek named Sabre seventh on its list of the “Greatest Software Ever Written.”
At Sabre we are looking for a (Sr.) General Accountant to join our Team in Istanbul.
Key objectives: performing high level of accounts preparation, reporting, BA BS reconciliation, control of approvals, independent decision-making, reporting to local tax and other Governmental authorities, Prepare G/L processes in IFS system in line with local accounting rules.
• AP related: bank statements reconciliation, check and approval of AP invoices, obtaining approval for payments, process payment via Internet banking; T&I expenses check and process, inventory accounting
• AR related: AR Invoices check, AR aging, payment registration
• GL related: Fixed assets accounting
• Taxation: Tax returns calculation and submission
• HR related: Registration admission, transfer, vacations/leaves and dismissal of employees in accordance with local labor laws, regulations, instructions and orders from Sabre HR and local office management, Accounting personnel, the maintenance of procedures and tracking record for Personnel, monthly Payroll documentation preparation (time sheet, sick leave, advances, PIT)
• Reporting: preparing load file for SAP, calculation of accruals and adjustments
• Other: Control of the budget execution, compliance with the Sabre global policies as well as aligning it to the local law requirements, archival service.
• Reconciliation: Incentive reconciliation in the system and with Travel Agencies; reconciliation with Tax and Government authorities on taxes and settlements
• Statutory reporting: Reports to the Tax inspection (payroll and social taxes, VAT, CIT), Reports to the Reports to Social Funds, Reports to the Statistic Authorities and other reporting regarding activity
• Statutory reporting: Tax Inspection - the annual declaration of corporate income revenue, the financial statements, submission of the memorandum of the company, other reports; Social funds reporting
• Management reporting: TB and P&L review and variances against budget • Audit: Provide support to company audit
Goals and Objectives:
1. Provide the high level of support in the budgeting processes, liaising with all departments’ managers and Country/Region directors and Sabre finance team.
2. Perform financial planning and analysis reviewing P&L, Cash Flow, AR Aging, direct and indirect costs analysis.
3. Review the management accounts and accounts payable. Ensure prompt payment and ensure it is prepared promptly and accurately.
4. Compliance with the local law requirements and Sabre global tax policies
5. Monitor local tax requirements changes and timely application of changes
6. Establish local processes and workflows, which minimize the potential financial/legal risks to the Company due to improper transactions and accounting.
7. Prepare requirements and control execution for 1C Accounting software compliance to the local law
• Turkish and English languages on a fluent level.
• Practical experience in similar position not less than 5 years.
• High degree in economy/finance/accounting is essential.
• Knowledge of local accounting, tax, labor laws, experience in currency controls and regulations, understanding of US GAAP is desirable.
• Ability to represents Company in the local authorities and protect Company’ interests.
• The presence of international qualification certificate CAP, certificate of a professional accountant. Excellent knowledge Accounting software and Excel.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process.
Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Job Segment: ERP, Office Manager, SAP, Technology, Administrative