United States-Texas-Houston-9621 1304 E 40th Street
Architectural Coatings N.A.
Feb 8, 2018, 9:06:12 PM
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
We are seeking an Assistant Store Manager to join our team in the Houston area. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sales Associate who is motivated to pursue a rewarding retail management career.
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be a vital part of a fast-paced environment. You will assist with running a store location and helping the store achieve top sales and profit performance.
Join an industry leading company!
Responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager role include:
- Ensuring that service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Maintaining a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership
- Maintaining an understanding of local market, operations-based selling, and customer base
- Achieving sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage, and growing net contribution
- Ensuring that the appearance of the store’s exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards
- Must have 2 to 4 years of store experience (paint knowledge strongly preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent certification, preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries, preferred.
- Ability to attend to details while engaging in work of a repetitive nature.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and hours.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds infrequently and 40-60 pounds routinely.
- Bilingual candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are a plus, but not required.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: