PPG: We protect and beautify the world
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
The Account Development Manager - Geographic (ADM) is responsible for servicing and retaining customer accounts within a specified geographic territory as well as driving new sales through assigned stores. The geographical area will have responsibility for $650,000 or more worth of sales. This will enable the ADM to focus on existing business to reduce churn and increase customer loyalty. Additionally, the ADM will be responsible for growing both existing business year-over-year and identifying and developing new accounts within their geographic territory.
Expectations for this role include:
- Through customer service excellence, service existing customer accounts assigned to specified territory
- Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and to identify business opportunities
- Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application and performance and color
- Develop account planning strategy to cultivate sales of customers with most growth potential
- Utilize SAGE sales tool to manage accounts, maintain call logs and contact info, run reports, etc.
- Partner with Store Managers and other store employees to ensure customers needs are met or exceeded
- Work with the PPG credit department to manage customer debt
- Develop good understanding of customer base and the segments they service
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations to achieve margin targets in alignment with PPG pricing strategies
- Manage personal expenses to reduce unnecessary expenditures
Offers Unique Perspective
- Reframes and challenges the way customers view their businesses.
- Aligns insights to key customer priorities and ties those insights back to PPG's unique differentiators.
Drives Two-Way Communication
- Clearly articulates PPG's value proposition and engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities.
- Reads non-verbal cues and identifies unanticipated customer needs.
- Can coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
Knows Customer Value Drivers
- Has a deep knowledge of customer business and can discuss issues from multiple angles.
- Is comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers.
- Successfully links PPG capabilities to individual goals to overcome barriers to purchase.
Can Identify Economic Drivers
- Keenly tracks economic and industry activity and understands its implications on customer business, including potential new business opportunities.
- Educates customers on industry trends and best practices adopted by peer companies.
Is Comfortable Discussing Money
- Knows how PPG and competitor offerings are priced and is aware of the customer's budget.
- Clearly links the value of PPG's products and services with the deal price to overcome pricing objections.
- Recognizes when to walk away from a deal.
Can Pressure the Customer
- Understands the decision-making process and has the ability to influence key decision-makers.
- Preempts stakeholder objections and pushes the customer to a favorable outcome.
- Develops customer advocates who sell and build consensus on PPG's behalf.
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty Products Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world.
PPG Architectural Coatings impressive line-up of residential, commercial, and industrial paint brands offers a wide range of choices to meet everyone's needs – from consumers to interior designers, painting contractors to property managers, and developers to architects.
Join an industry leading company!
Apply today! www.ppg.com
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: