US Bank’s Corporate and Commercial Banking business line offers lending, equipment financing, leasing, depository services, treasury management, capital markets, and international trade services to middle market commercial, large corporate, institutional, and public sector clients. Corporate and Commercial Banking Risk Management (CCBRM) works with the business to help identify, control and monitor the risks inherent to its activities.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated audit or risk professional for a newly created position to manage the risk identification, risk assessment and control monitoring activities for assigned products / business activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the risk and control identification and testing activities for assigned products / business activities. This includes performing risk and control assessments, documentation, test strategy, test design, planning, scoping, scheduling, testing execution and reporting.
• Provide leadership, coaching and direction to assigned staff. Ensure test programs are performed on time and in accordance with department standards.
• Coordinate with key business line contacts and subject matter experts to update, expand and / or validate understanding of risks, activities and controls
• Develop product and process expertise for assigned products, including understanding of the product life cycle and applicable risks and controls.
• Analyze control monitoring results with members of the team to evaluate control effectiveness, perform root causes analyses for exceptions found, and identify any control deficiencies needing remediation.
• Identify areas for process or control improvement and clearly communicate and assist in implementation, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- Ten or more years of work experience with 3+ years of risk management, controls testing, compliance, or audit experience required. Prior Internal Audit experience is preferred.
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning, and problem solving, risk vs. reward skills and thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct risk assessments and design, implement and manage control monitoring / testing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to credibly challenge and appropriately exercise authority in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Certifications: CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE or related certification.
Compliance / Quality Control
1st - Daytime 40