USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
Shift work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week on one of two daily shifts (days and evenings).
It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Candidates for the NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. The NE is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016)
• Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
• Establishing and operating network test facilities
• Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
• Working with vendors, the Government, carriers and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
• Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
• Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of network service outages
• Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
• Establishing and maintaining relations with clients
• Demonstrating the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate fashion.
• Generating various reports as needed
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, and Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline or similar field. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in computer systems and network engineering
- 2 years specialized experience related to candidate’s assigned task
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current
• CCNP – Routing and Switching
• DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
United Arab Emirates-United Arab Emirates Countrywide-Bur Dubai
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Feb 9, 2018, 8:02:21 PM