Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This role responsible for responsible for increasing the company’s revenues by achieving sales objectives within an assigned territory or account. This position also develops programs to achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections.
· Responsible for increasing revenue by achieving sales objectives in existing and new accounts.
· Create and manage territory and account strategies to deliver on price and mix objectives.
· Provide product recommendations, samples, technical support, pricing and service information on demand.
· Provide product quotes and actively utilize value-selling tools and skills.
· Uncover and assess customer needs and develop and execute Value Proposition (Aligning Value).
· Demonstrate products and/or services and provide assistance in the best application of product and/or services.
· Proactively identify new accounts using screening techniques, referrals, and prospecting to potential customers within territory.
· Develop a thorough understanding of market conditions (e.g., current customers, potential customers, competitors) in assigned territory, and develop a strategy to achieve revenue goals.
· Conduct territory analysis and planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and customers.
· Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and/or services and maintaining effective agreements.
· Use account management skills to plan and execute customer marketing/growth programs for customers.
· Creatively develop new applications for product lines.
· Channel or Key Accounts Specific: Responsible for selling to a designated channel. May identify new opportunities within the channel for potential business. Also responsible for needs analysis, development, negotiation, sale, delivery, and post-sale services to a group of clients.
· Participate in territory planning, customer planning and territory reviews. Develop and present SWOT analysis and make recommendations on products and growth opportunities.
· Maintain customer profiles and supply agreements.
· Establish pricing programs and strategies. Secure optimum product positioning within target accounts.
· Provide exceptional customer experience for business partners and prospects to develop long-term business opportunities.
· Navigate complex problems and structures to determine the best solutions for customer needs.
· Collaborate with other business units to evaluate volume, identify trends, ensure quality, and monitor budgets.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1 - 3 years sales or related experience a plus (garment / trimming business)
· Proficient in assessing customer needs
· Good negotiation skills/experience
· Good financial skills and business acumen
· Knowledge of conducting territory analysis and planning
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Good understanding of how to manage territory business
· Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues
· Good understanding of how to prepare professional written proposals
· Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, invoice totals, percentages, bonuses, etc.
· Good understanding of product and technical information
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and function specific software
· Ability to work as part of a team