Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Cable Specialist, Senior
The Cable Specialist, Senior position is based in Iraq.
Primary responsibilities include the installation of Inside/Outside Plant copper and fiber optic cables, terminating all types of fiber optic connectors and installing cable in a manner consistent with Army regulations and Industry Standards and practices (ANSI/TIA/EIA/OSHA/NFPA).
This person is a self-motivated, hardworking individual with leadership experience.
Candidates are expected to:
- Perform site surveys, perform testing on fiber and copper cables, be able to perform quality control on his/her work and participate in the planning stages of future projects
- Carry out day to day processes within the communications infrastructure to include the pulling, testing, toning, labeling, troubleshooting, and repairing of inside and outside plant wiring
- Review and update facility drawings to facility manager - Utilize broad background in communication electronics and cabling infrastructure in order to fulfill various communication requirements
- Provide inside/outside cabling installations, install new lines and repair existing DSN phone lines and LAN lines using various media including but not limited to single and multi-mode fiber optic cable, CAT5e, CAT5 and RG59
- Lead and mentor a team of at least 3 cable technicians to accomplish the specified work
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years' experience working as a cable technician
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- Must be willing to travel/deploy extensively, sometimes to hazardous duty areas to include Southwest Asia (SWA)
- Extensive knowledge of inside and outside cable plant infrastructure, engineering, installation, and testing ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills and demeanor
- Demonstrated self-starter and demonstrated ability to independently resolve problems
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment with short timelines
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous manner in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain high quality work to manage multiple critical projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers
- Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to attain Top Secret clearance or higher
- Knowledge of NFPA / OSHA / ANSI-EIA-TIA standards and practices
- BICSI registered Technician
- PAE is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Employer
- PAE is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster