Transfix is changing the way companies view their supply chain. We are an award winning, recognized market and technology leader in the full truckload (FTL) market, which is a $420 billion market each year in the U.S. alone. We eliminate waste and solve inefficiencies through a deep understanding of the dynamics that exist today for the world's leading shippers and the millions of carriers and drivers that move their goods. We identify blind spots where data can fundamentally transform the way shippers and carriers work together, and we reduce the amount of “empty miles” driven by truckers with algorithms that match freight with trucks based on location in realtime. Our solution yields significant savings for shippers and increased pay for truck drivers. Ultimately, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of both shippers and carriers by creating a more efficient, transparent platform by which a product can be moved from anywhere to everywhere at anytime.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
Launched in August 2013, we have raised $78.5M in capital and are backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Corigin Ventures, Founder Collective and Bowery Capital. We areheadquartered in New York City.
The role will report to the Founder, President, and CTO, Jonathan Salama. The successful candidate will have demonstrated 10-15 years of leadership experience in the areas of financial management, accounting and treasury, and ideally significant experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a member of Transfix’s leadership team, work with executive peers and board members to develop strategies around long-term financial and business sustainability and success.
- Oversee finance, accounting, budget management, tax and compliance
- Lead all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting. Work closely with the executive team to plan for key revenue and cost drivers.
- Manage cashflow and oversee accounting operations such as account receivables, payables, payroll.
- Develop accounting systems, reporting and policies to ensure accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop the financial reporting infrastructure to enable strategic decisions, ongoing analysis and performance tracking for the executive team/company.
- Partner with legal and client development on contractual terms.
- Help lead fundraising and debt financing efforts, working closely with the executive team. Manage ongoing relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Build and lead a world-class finance and accounting team.
- Prepare and present financials to the company, board members and key stakeholders.
- Manage tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- 10-15 plus years overseeing all aspects of finance and accounting.
- A track record of creating and executing a sustainable financial strategy while partnering with operational and sales teams. Experience scaling an operation from inception to at least $200 million in annual revenue.
- Significant experience setting strategy for and managing treasury/cash management functions in a B2B or similar atmosphere.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An enormous appetite for detail and precision, and ability to roll up your sleeves to do the dirty work.
- A self-starting attitude. You work independently and effectively, with little oversight or management.
- Experience with financings, M&A, investor relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to think both strategically and drive fast-paced execution.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Inspirational and collaborative cross-functional leader.
- Highly resourceful and innovative.
- Passionate about finance best practices and continuous learning.
- Strong communicator across all level, both internally and externally.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.