Feb 6, 2018
Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Bachelor's Degree
Development Full Time Associate
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of
Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on software developer to join the firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the software development lifecycle (SDLC) within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment.
We are looking for a candidate with expertise in the Apache Spark and Data Analytics space. The candidate’s role will be to setup and develop the Spark component of the project following best practices. The candidate will be expected to share knowledge with peers and actively participate in both the architectural and software design of the project.
The candidate will be working with an international team of experts to quantify measure and analyze the firmwide adoption of the Agile & Continuous Delivery methodologies. As such we are looking to build a solution to ingest data from disparate systems and build a distributed analytics engine to analyze and interpret the heterogeneous workflows used by each team in the Firm in an effort to promote the adoption of the Agile methodology.
The main functions of this position are to
• Analyze the various data sources and perform data exploration;
• Develop and maintain real-time and batch data ingestion pipelines;
• Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
• Identify and troubleshoot process errors and recommend solutions;
• Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Apache Spark
• Experience with Git
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
• Problem solving and critical thinking
• Creative and innovative
• Responsible and accountable for his/her actions
• Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative
• Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interactions
• Knowledge and experience of Scala an asset
• Knowledge and experience of Java an asset
• Knowledge of machine learning, AI also an asset
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.