If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer I, Men’s & Women’s CK Outlet Accessories - CALVIN KLEIN
The Designer I – Men’s/Women’s Calvin Klein Outlet Accessories is responsible for designing the seasonal accessory collections for both Men’s and Women’s under the direction of the SVP, Design. In addition to researching trends and materials, sketching and building tech packs, the Designer will work on material and color research, hardware and closure development in a fast pace environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design and development of seasonal soft accessories, baseball hats, belts, and small leather goods
- Strong awareness of leather goods construction, synthetic materials and textiles; our competitors and the functionality of product in accordance with our core aesthetics
- Research concepts, materials and color story at the beginning of each season and participate in conceptual development of line
- Prepare design presentations for sketch and product review meetings
- Work on tech pack with measurements, technical drawings, clear written communication and precise information for factories to execute on each development stages
- Capable of making quick sample mock ups for construction or technical explanation
- Maintain brand consistency and alignment between Men’s and Women’s product line
- Travel to trade shows to observe new trends and materials
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Communicate and follow up on technical design information to factories and suppliers.
- Strong team player and close partnership with design team
- Communicates and work with product development team for follow up
- Flexible and adaptable to changes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-7 years in an accessories design role with a strong emphasis on leather and synthetic accessories, belts, and soft accessories. Someone who is highly detailed oriented, organized and worked very closely with factories/tanneries and full understanding of the entire development process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in fashion design with a concentration in accessories design strongly preferred.
- Understand the aesthetics and DNA of the brand.
- Keen researcher for silhouettes, form & construction
- An excellent hand for quick sketching skills to explain ideas and for technical drawings
- Strong knowledge on construction, detailed oriented, sense of proportion and functionality of product
- Must have strong spec-ing skills
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Excel
- Excellent time management skills, calendar awareness and flexible to meet deadlines, and some weekend work
- Ability to communicate to senior management in a clear, precise, and effective manner
- Positive attitude, High Energy, Self Starter and highly adaptable to changes
- Strong team player, hands on, able to work with cross functional team
- Strong knowledge of fashion trends across all categories.
- Flexibility to travel
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.