Q.A. Inspector Job Description
- Examine manufactured products, primarily agricultural parts to ensure they meet all standards of presentation and quality.
- Act as an impartial third party between the production source and the customer facility to ensure the product meets set criteria.
- Study product specifications and work instructions.
- Perform visual inspections, mechanical and functional verification of parts to ensure compliance to set specification and quality standards.
- Make independent judgments for subjective calls.
- Collect and record accurate data regarding defects.
- Tag and isolate defective material.
- Provide description or justification for defective material.
- Communicate sort/inspection results to managers, and supervisors.
- Complies with relevant local Health and Safety legislation.
- Supports Company Health and Safety Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to sit, bend, turn and maintain other related body postures frequently to perform the job duties.
- Must be able to visually utilize computers and other office equipment to properly enter information, as well as read documentation.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Must be able to put paperwork into numerical or alphabetical sequence for filing or retrieving from files.
- Must be able to prepare concise, accurate written documents.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to plan, and organize assigned work.
- Must be able to analyze situations and select and recommend best course of action.
- Must be capable of making decisions that require initiative and judgment in order to effectively handle unique situations as they arise.
- Must maintain continual visual and mental attention while operating personal computers and other office equipment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to understand and communicate both verbally and in written form in English since instructions, labels and other documents are in English.
- Must be able to accept change and respond appropriately.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a variety of tasks as assigned.
• Work is primarily performed within an office and/or warehouse setting. May occasionally travel to other locations.
• Noise levels vary however; there is no continuous exposure to hazardous noise levels.
• Temperature and humidity are regulated while indoors.
• Highschool diploma
- 2-5 Years of relevant work experience reading prints, inspecting parts, and other quality assurance related tasks.
- 2-5 Years of relevant work experience in a production, warehouse, or distribution environment.
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Excel, and Access is preferred (or other PC based software for managing quality assurance tasks).
- Familiarity with a variety of warehouse or quality management software programs.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Inspection, Agricultural, Warehouse, Inspector, Quality Manager, Engineering, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Quality