About Our Internship Program
- We are looking for 1 university student in computer science/software engineering to spend a summer with us.
- The program will take place in our Tallinn office. The duration of the program is 2 months, starting in June and ending in August.
- Our interns write code. As an intern, you will take part in development, rollout and maintenance in production of globally distributed, resilient and highly-available services for the Twilio platform.
- You will be guided through internship by a seasoned engineer, and will receive evaluation of your performance and a letter of recommendation at the end.
- You will work within a small software engineering team, gaining first-hand experience working in a modern development environment.
- The internship is paid. If you’re not from Tallinn, we can also help with accommodation.
Requirements for application
- You are a University or College student in the Baltic region.
- You have an ambition to become a world class software engineer.
- You love programming and can prove it.
- Being a competitive coder (olympiads, ACM, topcoder etc) is a plus.
- Having professional experience with software development is another plus.
- We’re also very interested in hobby projects.
- You have some understanding of *nix systems.
- You have a basic command of C++, Java, or C#.
- You are a fast learner and have a story or two to support that.
- You can speak English and feel comfortable in an international and multicultural environment.
What do you need to apply
- Familiarize yourself with Twilio platform at Twilio.com. Create a demo app using Twilio platform. Be creative! There’s a free usage limit with Twilio, which should be enough to try things out and develop your app. NB! You are not limited to these products for your demo app.
- Prepare a CV capturing your academic achievements and professional experience (if any).
- Submit your application through Greenhouse containing
- Your name, surname, and the name of your school.
- One paragraph describing your interest in the internship program.
- Your CV.
- A link to your demo app. Link to the description of your app. Your Twilio account id.
A decent CV with a convincing demo app will get you an interview. An interview on-site will decide the outcome of your application.
- March 18th - application submission deadline.
- March 26th - expect an answer to your application.
- March 26th - April 6th - interviews.
- April 13th - expect final answer to your application.
- (tentatively) June, 11th - internship starts.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.