Manager Software Development Engineering
The Development Manager position is responsible for managing all software development resources and serves as PCLender's primary point of contact for the design, technical requirements and development efforts. This position supervises and reports on the development of the LOS, website and mobile applications to ensure product road map objectives and other development efforts are met in a timely manner with superior quality. This role researches, analyzes, evaluates and documents methods and requirements for product roadmap delivery and other development efforts. This position supervises development resources/staff in a manner that ensures maximum productivity and the highest levels of production quality.
- Establish effective processes for organizing, prioritizing and reporting on software development cases to ensure software development objectives are met.
- Coordinate development team resources to establish detailed written plans for the long term infrastructure requirements of PCLender applications.
- Provide supervisory management, reviews and discipline of software development department employees.
- Review and approved product requirement documents (PRDs) as necessary to clearly define functionality and integration expectations for product development objectives. Be prepared to defend/challenge or validate technical requirements.
- Document and enforce processes that ensure the progress of all development cases are accurately documented within PCLender’s software tracking system(s).
- Assess cases for assignment to development team (planned or unplanned) and assign priority if unplanned.
- Coordinate LOS and Web development resources to respond and resolve Tier 2 client support requests in a timely manner in a manner that ensures all PCLender SLA objectives are met.
- Supervise software development enhancements requests (roadmap & professional services):
- Initial Business Review
- High level requirements (BRD)
- High level development hours estimation
- Supervise development resources as necessary for product development objectives:
- Coding requirements
- Business requirements
- Provide support to BA and project management resources as necessary to support product release planning.
- Provide support to QA/QC resources as necessary to support product releases.
- Supervise the work with third party vendors, customers and PCLender SME’s to ensure the most efficient and effective use/interaction of vendor services for development requirements.
- Validate initial unit and system testing is completed by developers in a manner that ensures appropriate software QA is completed prior to review by Case Owners, Business Leads or PCLender QA resources.
- Maintain acceptable levels of competency with PCLender’s product suite and services to ensure product designs are effective and customer implementations maximize the effectiveness of PCLender resources available to them.
- Supervise developer communication within PCLender project management resources and tool(s).
- Ensure all business and technical requirements are properly documented prior to commencements of development objectives.
- Provide reports to the senior management team that summarize progress on bugs, version cases and PCLender road map objectives.
- Identify and document critical path support requirements from other departments that are necessary to meet software development quality and release deadlines objectives.
- Document and escalate any issues that will impact the quality or release deadlines of software development objectives.
- Collaborate of feedback from customers with customer support. Document report customer feedback/findings to PCLender senior management.
- Recommend software development objectives and processes necessary to meet PCLender business objectives.
- Product Specific Duties:
- Web Products:
- Review of web development practices and processes and suggest recommendations on efficiency
- Review of website usability and architecture
- Endure development resources no the priority of the work assigned in a sprint
- Assign resources to website development cases
- LOS Products:
- Establish authority and control of LOS development and code repository practices.
- Establish unified management practices across all LOS developer activities and assignments.
- Assist in sprint planning and communicate priorities to development resources.
- Perform code reviews and ensure the correct resource is assigned to perform the review and that it is completed in a timely manner
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years managing software or IT development resources
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or information technology from an accredited institution; or equivalent experience
- Ability to establish effective resource planning to ensure software development initiatives are comprehensively approached and completed on time with assigned/available resources
- Ability to accurately assess and document project scope requirements
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Proficiency with PHP, Delphi, .Net and C Sharp requirements and utilization
- Proficiency with software project management methods and effective development staff supervision
- Proficiency with reporting languages and ability to understand how to structure statements to generate a valid output in a manner that ensures projects and PCLender resources are accurately monitored
- Ability to effectively communicate with developers and business resources
- Solid knowledge of database configuration and maintenance
- Ability to create test cases to verify that a software feature works as designed
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Crystal Reports. Able to quickly learn other tools including but not limited to GoToMeeting, SalesForce.com, MS Dynamics, MS Project, and Jira
- Effective listening and communication skills; must be able to understand customer requirements and explain requirements to developers and employees at different levels
- 2 or more years working in the mortgage business and/or LOS software business
- Excellent understanding of the mortgage loan origination process
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience managing distributed teams
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.