Quality Assurance Engineer, Tech Lead
The Software Quality Assurance Test Script Writer will be responsible for manual and automated testing throughout software testing lifecycle of LOS and web functionality for PCLender Loan Origination Software (LOS). This role requires expertise in ensuring all issues are captured and resolved before reaching production/customer's environment. The role deals with being passionate, creative and collaborative in ensuring software testing gets done with a high degree of quality, are free of defects, meeting client’s expectations and addressed business needs and effectively support software QA best practices.
This role is a key contributor to develop, document and maintain test cases and other test artifacts and recommend better ways to test both LOS and web functionality by applicable processes and methodologies. The role aims to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and coverage of software testing for PCLender Loan Origination Software (LOS).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identifies test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Creates clear, concise detail oriented test cases and test scripts. This includes the ability to understand and create test cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Involvement in executing test scripts, mentoring of team members and report and presentation preparations.
- Identifies any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensures that deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle, advanced knowledge in defect management process, application, regression testing and US mortgage industry.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable function errors and inconsistencies in documentary and programming logic standards.
- Acts as a liaison with development, project management, and customer support.
- Other responsibilities as required for this position.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ software testing experience and has deep understanding of software QA principles and methodologies.
- Experience working in the Financial Industry preferably in mortgage lending.
- Minimum 2 years’ automation testing with hands on experience in software QA tools used.
- Experience in managing bugs and work items using Jira and Zephyr and web testing.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple software testing objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and/or resolve, including escalation, of complex issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Ability to display professionalism at all times.
- Excellent written and fluent verbal English communication skills.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.