At Allegion, our vision is to make the world safer. As a company of experts, we secure the places where people thrive. Security will always be a top concern, so we are inventing new and innovative technologies to keep people protected wherever they are; anytime, anywhere. Whether at home or school, in a hospital or commercial building, we pride ourselves on providing safety for today and for the future. Spanning across 130 countries, Allegion is committed to the protection of our employees and the public.
We are very passionate about our values and live them daily. How do you celebrate your successes? Do you take pride in the work you have accomplished?
Have a knack for curiosity and creativity? How do you live out your passion for excellence? What does living safely and healthy mean to you?
If these are values that keep you motivated, you have come to the right place. Take a look at our available opportunities to join our winning team today!
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership and direction for all day-to-operations within their areas of responsibility; Health and Safety, Facility Management and Distribution Receiving. The Operations Manager is responsible for building a high performance work culture that consistently drives for results, delivers exceptional customer service, while leading the Health and Safety efforts.
Health and Safety - What You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and programs to meet or exceed
- Initiate safety improvements to improve compliance and overall safety of employees/ company.
- Develop, provide and administer training on a variety of health and safety topics.
- Promote safety and increase awareness and education on safety procedures and responsibilities.
- Perform worksite safety inspections, develop reports and corrective actions.
- Co-chair the H & S committee.
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution.
- Conduct accident investigations and develop reports and corrective actions.
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them.
- Be a liaison between the company, WSIB and medical facilities on post-injury care and any return to work programs for all work related injuries or illnesses.
Facility Management - What You Will Do:
- Supervise and coordinate the day to day operations within the facility
- Support all facility upgrades and construction projects
- Procure and schedule contractors, manage existing agreements and negotiate new agreements
- Implement and maintain formal preventative maintenance program for plan equipment
- Lead maintenance staff and subcontractors.
- Audit and report weekly on facility conditions.
- Inspect buildings, sites and equipment for needed repair and maintenance work.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required; troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution.
Distribution - What You Will Do:
- Oversee incoming shipping activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of shipments.
- Prepare daily schedules based on resources and customer priorities.
- Leads and manages the receiving team to achieve the key performance measures and objectives for the site.
- Ensures employees have the required tools and equipment necessary to perform their jobs successfully.
- Provides constant feedback to employees through the formal review process as well as direct daily communication.
- Coaches, trains, and develops employees informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. corrective action, performance reviews)
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models Company’s values
- Builds trusting relationships with customers and removes departmental barriers that impede results.
- Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems and engages in joint problem-solving across departmental boundaries; follows-up in a timely manner to ensure issues are addressed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives; creates a sense of urgency and holds self and the team accountable for their performance.
- Inspires and influences others by openly sharing information; communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback.
- Responds to and resolves customer issues in a timely manner
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Operations Management, Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Minimum 8 years management experience in a Health & Safety and Facilities Management.
- Experience within a Distribution environment is an asset.
- Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is an asset.
- Experience managing within a mechanized/ automated distribution center with multiple pick-pack processes preferred.
- Experience with ERP – MAPICS XA or WMS is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working knowledge of Access and Project Management.
- Flexible to work weekends and holidays when required.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures and extended periods of walking and standing.
- Lean Six Sigma training preferred or equivalent experience in driving continuous improvement activities.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of occupational health, safety legislation and Ministry of Labour regulations, including WSPS Certification – Manufacturing Part one & two.
- Familiar with the operations and services available from the Ontario Ministry of Labour (WSIB, Safe at Work Ontario), the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation guidelines and return to work programs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills including facilitating training and presentation skills.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively multitask.
Why Work For Us?
- Rewarding and Challenging Career
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Global Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- A Culture of Wellness and Balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Community Involvement
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow a safer place! To apply, please see below.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370