This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Research Scientist Staff position is part of the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) organization, supporting the Space IT Analytics Business Application team. This position will work closely with the Space IT Analytics data scientist and analytics team members, performing data research and analysis, working with a variety of analytical tools and techniques to explore, analyze, and prepare data to provide solutions for our Space customers. The data research and analysis will result in varying levels of data gathering, reporting and visualizations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, Conduct, Develop, and Operationalize machine learning models on data-set that include time-series, text, etc.
• Conduct Statistical analysis, set up experiments, formulate hypothesis and evaluate statistical significance. Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations
• Develop methods, processes to gather and analyze structured and unstructured data from diverse sources, including public data such Social-Media, Bloomberg etc.
• Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and model's complex business problems
• Develop information tools, applications, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance to support research, engineering etc.
• Maintains awareness of emerging analytics technologies; Create innovative solutions to complex analysis requirements and finds a way.
• Design efficient data mining and text mining frameworks with related tools
• The preferred work location is at the Littleton, Colorado - Deer Creek Facility, but may also be virtual or at one of the other US based Lockheed Martin sites
• Off hours support for this position may include evenings, weekends and holidays
• Periodic travel to Lockheed Martin Space sites may also be required
• Familiarity with one or more of disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Anomaly detection, Markov Chain and Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing
• Demonstrated proficiency in designing efficient algorithms and performing analysis with a numerical scripting language such as Python, R or MATLAB (preferably in Python)
• SQL proficiency - experience with databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of basic statistical concepts such as point estimation, probability distributions, hypothesis tests, and how they can be applied
• Experience with integration and cleansing of disparate or incomplete data sets to deliver insight Effective use of front end reporting and visualization tools
• Experience managing and delivering multiple, critical business applications - experience managing priorities and customer requirements; Ability to balance technical requirements with business needs
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum life cycle principles and methodologies
• Ability to evaluate, develop and present Analytics best practices
• Demonstrated pursuit of technical knowledge and education required to acquire and maintain an expertise of the latest technological trends and advancements
• Track record of being a strong independent contributor
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and high work ethic behaviors and excellent interpersonal skills and team building abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the communication of findings and their relevance in business terms
• Proven ability to communicate and present to program management and executive leadership
• Domain knowledge of Aerospace & Defense industry
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, customers, colleagues and suppliers and to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton California, Littleton Colorado