Internal Communications Manager
Healthcare Global Marketing
- Manage communications planning and deployment for the assigned Functions as appropriate.
- Be a strategic and trusted communications consultant to Function leadership teams, providing guidance on complex, sensitive and business critical priorities, to enable an aligned and winning culture through a transparent and contemporized communications approach, as well as provide counsel on when and critically, when not to communicate.
- Support global efforts within Functions, as well as across the business, to empower and inspire employees around business strategy and priorities.
- Partner with Product, Region and other Communicators to ensure Function messaging and communications tools and materials are aligned.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of the overall GEHC internal communication strategies.
- Provide guidance and coaching to other team members.
- Work with the Internal Communications Director to resource priority projects and reprioritize if new priorities arise within the quarter; this will require this role to flex as appropriate to support and contribute to other areas within the scope of Internal Communications.
- Support the global internal content and platform strategy for communications, which includes attending regular corporate-led editorial planning calls. Promote and seek opportunities to elevate GEHC stories to corporate level.
- Develop meaningful and actionable metrics to measure reach and effectiveness of communications.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing communications within the GEHC Functions and advising Leaders on how to effectively communicate with their organizations. This role will focus on driving a horizontal communications approach to connect Function priorities to the Healthcare business strategy, cultural imperatives and value chain, while aligning with the GE Healthcare communications strategy and messaging to ensure a consistent experience for employees.
- Bachelor’s degree. Ideally, but not essentially, in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field and a minimum of 6 years communications experience OR minimum 10 years communications experience covering organizational / internal communications, PR or marketing communications.
- Must have demonstrable ability to develop strategic communications plans, advise senior leaders on communications strategy, but also the ability to deliver at the tactical level.
- Strong written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Copes well working on multiple tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure.
- A true team-player who is able to work with remote team members
- Broad experience with a knowledge of print, digital and video technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of English language (oral and written)
- Experience working in the healthcare or service-related industry
- International experience
- Understanding of all communications disciplines (media, digital, social etc)
- Mentoring / supervisory experience
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Inclusiveness: Energizing others by building a connection with the business team, as well as Communications teams through personal involvement and trust and providing feedback and coaching to help develop others
- Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely
- External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces