The User Services / Helpdesk Specialist is responsible for all aspects of IT end-user support in an enterprise biotech environment including: computer hardware, software, office systems, peripherals, phone, voicemail systems, and provides assistance to system administrators as required. As a member of a helpdesk team, position provides IT services via walk-up, phone, email and ticketing systems. The candidate must have a high level of aptitude for analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving problems with an emphasis on follow-through and customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, recommend, design, deploy and sustain solutions/technologies to assist with IT and end user needs.
- Manage issues, communication and resolution via email, phone and ticketing system. Follow up with customers is key to ensure issues are resolved appropriately and build customer report and quality support.
- Participate in projects to enhance the overall process and tool-set used by IT to serve the needs of Natera including by not limited to: virtualization, centralized user and IT asset management and support, software license management, monitoring and alerting, identity and user management, network and compute platform improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in technical field or equivalent work experience and applicable certifications.
- IT experience within a HIPAA controlled biotech, pharma or healthcare enterprise is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years desktop technology and user support experience in a technical enterprise environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong successful history Microsoft and Apple desktop technology support and troubleshooting.
- Strong history of desktop applications support, e.g. Google Apps, MS-Office, etc.
- Strong history of desktop standards development and automated “template” desktop configurations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of management.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft and Apple desktop technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong teamwork style and behavior.
- ITIL foundations certification preferred.
- Microsoft Systems Center and AD management preferred.
- Atlassian Jira, ServiceDesk and Confluence experience preferred.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.