The Account Management team owns the relationships with Stripe’s largest and fastest growing users. As an Account Manager for Startups and SMBs, you'll manage Stripe's future growth engine by building business and technical relationships with our most innovative and fastest growing clients, and keep them happy Stripe users. You'll be your users' internal advocate – it'll be your responsibility to understand our customers' unique needs and drive adoption of Stripe's offerings. You’ll develop scalable strategies and repeatable processes that enable us to amplify our engagement with high potential businesses. You have experience working with startups or small/medium businesses, and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge.
Additionally, you’ll also contribute to a variety of initiatives to grow, shape and drive our success with startups in the Australian and New Zealand ecosystem (e.g., community engagement, events, marketing and sales). You know your way around the ecosystem, are energetic and an organised self-starter; and can succinctly share what we’re working on and help entrepreneurs succeed.
- Develop a strong understanding of our product and industry to help our customers succeed.
- Build long-term relationships with high growth users to discover opportunities and directly drive Stripe’s revenue growth.
- Solve complex user needs and work across product, sales, risk and operations teams to improve our product.
- Make users love Stripe by proactively offering advice on industry best practices, creative product solutions and ways to optimise their existing setup.
- Engage with entrepreneurs and founders to evaluate Stripe and handle detailed questions about Stripe’s capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal teams at Stripe (such as sales, marketing, developer relations, product management, and user ops) to effectively support and scale our startup program.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has demonstrated experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organisation.
- Ability to understand the Stripe API and build great relationships with technical customers.
- Experience in the start-up community, a passion for technology and supporting other businesses as they grow.
- Has a knack for working well with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand startup requirements and craft custom solutions.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities including comfort with basic modelling.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a startup and/or with the startup/venture community
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role working with high-growth technology companies.
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations.